DEPLOYMENT VOLUNTEERS | HURRICANE MATTHEW
All volunteers MUST watch this Pre-Deployment video from Christ In Action before registering
Disaster zones are hazardous areas, and we need everyone to be on the same page so we can operate safely as a
unified team. Please take a few minutes and watch this video to hear some of what to expect while deployed with CIA.
- All volunteers must be 18 years old and in good health. The work we are doing is hard work in the hot sun and high humidity.
- You must submit your arrival and departure dates with your online registration.
- We require one full day (7am-6pm) minimum commitment. If you are a local volunteer, we will need you to arrive by 8AM and plan to work all day until 6PM. We cannot make exceptions.
- We are not able to facilitate RV hook ups this time at Camp Hope, however there is some parking available. Please let us know if you plan to bring your RV.
- Each volunteer must register 24 hours in advance so we know exactly who and how many people will be coming so we can plan our work teams and which jobs we can do each day.
- Please print and sign the CIA Volunteer Waiver form and bring it with you to the site, Camp Hope.
- When registering, provide your arrival and departure date. We are currently accepting volunteers starting October 22 through December 9, 2016. Camp Hope will shut down November 23-27 for Thanksgiving.
After registering online, you will receive 2 emails:
- Registration Confirmation: This email will be an automated confirmation that we successfully received your registration.
- Approval email: This will come within 24 hours of registration and contain the location of our site and instructions on what to pack and any other pertinent details. If you are "denied" it is most likely because we have reached our maximum capacity for that time frame and we will suggest other dates.
- At this time we are working in Wayne County, NC. We do not publish the exact address for Camp Hope. You will receive this information in an approval email within 24 hours of submitting your registration and are not to share or post this information.
- All volunteers are responsible to get themselves to and from Camp Hope.
- The nearest airport is Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
- The nearest Amtrack station is Selma-Smithfield, NC (SSM)
If you have any questions about volunteering with Christ In Action, please contact us.