If you are NOT planning to volunteer with us in Kentucky, please click here for our main volunteer signup form.
EASTERN KENTUCKY FLOODING
All volunteers MUST watch this Pre-Deployment video from Christ In Action before registering
Disaster zones are hazardous areas, and we need everyone to be on the same page so we can operate safely as a
unified team. Please take a few minutes and watch this video to hear some of what to expect while deployed with CIA.
- All volunteers must be 18 years old and in good health. The work we are doing is hard work in varying weather conditions.
- There is no cost to volunteer with us, we provide food and lodging, but transportation is your responsibility.
- You must submit your arrival and departure dates with your online registration.
- We require a full day (7am-5pm) minimum commitment, unless previous arrangements have been made for your team.
- Space is limited, so be sure to note on you registration if you would like to bring an RV. We only have space for dry camping at Camp Hope.
- No pets are permitted at Camp Hope.
- Each volunteer must register 24 hours in advance so we know exactly who and how many people will be coming so we can plan our work teams and which jobs we can do each day.
- Please print and sign the CIA Volunteer Waiver form and bring it with you to the site, Camp Hope.
- When registering, provide your arrival and departure date. Registration is not a guarantee for deploying. Click the VOLUNTEER button below to submit your information. We are scheduling volunteers through September 27.
After registering online, you will receive 2 emails:
- Registration Confirmation: This email will be an automated confirmation that we successfully received your registration.
- Approval email: This will come within 24 hours of registration and contain the location of our site and instructions on what to pack and any other pertinent details. If you are "denied" it is most likely because we have reached our maximum capacity for that time frame and we will suggest other dates.
- At this time we are working in Eastern KY (based in Pikeville, KY). We do not publish the exact address for Camp Hope. You will receive this information in an approval email within 24 hours of submitting your registration and are not to share or post this information.
- All volunteers are responsible to get themselves to and from Camp Hope.
If you have any questions about volunteering with Christ In Action, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Volunteer Coordinator at (703) 559-6864.